Asakura’s beautiful Amagi Park (甘木公園), is just a 25 minute walk from Amagi Station. Known by locals as Maruyama-koen, the park encompasses a total of 31.7 hectares and is a popular place for all to enjoy the sunshine and get amongst nature.
The park is well maintained and features:
- A 640m trail reserved for joggers and runners
- Several paths for walking lovers leading to different parts of the park
- A lake where you can learn to fish with a fountain in the middle that shines at night
- 4000 sakura trees that bloom in the springtime
- Beautiful azaleas, wisteria trellises and irises
- Play facilities for children
- Wooden benches and tables for picnics and enjoying the scenery
- BBQ facilities
- A gorgeous pond in the centre of the lake
- Basketball and tennis courts
- Parking spaces
From the park, you can access Ohira mountain for a nice hike that will lead you to a beautiful view of Asakura. It takes between 40 to 55 minutes to reach the top depending on your speed. Whether you are alone, with family, friends, your partner or your pet, Amagi Park is a wonderful place to renew your energy and immerse yourself in nature.